Whenever I export my mesh to FBX format (for apply inside UE4) its pivot is set to center of the Blender scene (0,0,0), not respecting the original object'south pivot position.

Does anyone know why or how to solve this, then that one time imported into UE4 object's pivot would exist where it should be instead beingness way off considering it is fix to original Blender scene center?

enter image description here

enter image description here

asked Oct 16, 2020 at 16:58

2 Answers 2

So I found the right respond myself: if y'all utilise File -> Import Into Level instead of the expected normal Import part, then the import procedure is a chip different.

It will automatically create Blueprint for you with the root pin yet at the bottom center at 0,0,0 but now every object in there will have its own original pivot equally seen in Blender...and that'southward it!

answered Oct 22, 2020 at twenty:45

This is intended behavior equally it allows you to compose scenes consisting of multiple objects in your DCC and have their relative offsets retained, and it gives you easy control over the pivot location of an individual object without having to mess with its hierarchy.

The right thing to practice if you're exporting a single object is to identify it then the world origin is wherever you want the pin to be, and then consign information technology.

answered Oct 17, 2020 at 18:22

2

  • I am not exporting one object: I am exporting a LEGO model split into several parts (like canopy, wings, container etc.) that are exported separately merely retaining their actual placement in the model so when I am in the UE4 I can grab all of them and in one case placed into scene (MAP) they are all recreating my model merely now I tin can move every single of them separartelly. My problem tho is that by this I cannot rotate them properly as every single one of them is actually having their pivot (origin) in the heart of the original Blender scene, thus my question.

    October 18, 2020 at 14:16

  • Merely I also noticed that if I import it via File carte as a Scene (Blueprint) it nevertheless has the pivot in center of the original Blender scene at 0,0,0 only now once in that Design when I click the object it also has information technology ain pivot, so maybe that is the manner? Yous see I'm even so simply learning UE4 and using Blender simply to export my stuff as FBX...

    Oct 18, 2020 at 14:19

Not the respond you lot're looking for? Browse other questions tagged pivot blender unreal-engine4 fbx or ask your own question.